Leaptel Speed Guarantee
If the speed of your Leaptel internet service consistently falls below 10% of your chosen service plan (see below), Leaptel will not hold you to your contract period or we can provide at our choosing discounts to your service for the period affected until the problem is rectified. To qualify you will be required to send through screen shots of our speed testing servers, using an Ethernet wired computer, at different times of the day over a 3 day period so we can problem solve the issue.
The speed guarantee is measured per the following depending on your service type:
- NBN Fiber to the Premises (FTTP) – Within 10% of the service plan speed for services connected on speeds 12M/1M, 25M/5M or 50M/20M. Other speeds are only guaranteed upto 50M/20M.
- NBN HFC (old telstra cable network) – Within 10% of the service plan speed for services connected on speeds 12M/1M, 25M/5M or 50M/20M. Other speeds are only guaranteed upto 50M/20M.
- NBN Fixed Wireless and NBN Fiber to the Node (FTTN) – Within 10% of the service plan speed for services connected on speeds 12M/1M or 25M/5M. All other plans are only guaranteed to 25M/5M due to NBN specifications. If the service is jumpered by NBN with a fixed line (called co-existence), until NBN un-jumper the old pstn line we can only guarantee upto 12M/1M due to NBN specifications.
- Opticomm Services – Within 10% of the service plan speed for services connected on speeds 12M/1M, 25M/5M or 50M/20M. Other speeds are only guaranteed upto 50M/20M.
- ADSL –
- Due to upstream carriers choosing not to upgrade capacity as NBN is being rolled out, we are unable to provide any guarantees of speed on ADSL. We will do our best to investigate and troubleshoot speed complaints but if the issue is with the upstream carrier there it little we can do.
- Customers who signed up prior to 1st July 2017 – Within 10% of the sync speed the modem achieves with the telephone exchange. Applies only to services delivered on onnet ports or off a main exchange (excludes rim exchanges).
Please note: we are unable to guarantee speeds on wireless connected devices. This is due to the fact that wireless is subject to interference which can be caused by electronic appliances, other wireless networks in the area, cordless phones and other devices. In order to measure the true speed we are delivering on your service you will need to conduct a speed test using a wired device.
Terms and conditions apply.
Call us now on
1300 205 327
To discuss your requirements or send your details in the contact form above.
How to test your speed:
Below is the information you’ll need to test your speed on our network so that we can determine what is causing the issue. Please note it is essential you test to the Sydney Telstra server as this is at the primary exit point of our network, so provides the most accurate gauge of your internet speeds.
- Use speedtest.net and the “Sydney – Telstra” service on that site.
- Test done on a computer plugged directly into your router, not via wifi and not through a VPN with nothing else being downloaded, uploaded or synced on your network at the time.
- Tests both in peak and off-peak times, so that we can see if the issue is all the time, or if it is only at specific times.
Once you have completed testing, please send us the website address of each test to [email protected] We will then analyse the results and open a fault with our upstream carrier.